"The Chromebooks Are Coming!!!"

posted Mar 29, 2018, 2:46 PM by Tech Director   [ updated Mar 29, 2018, 2:52 PM ]



If you haven't worked with them yet don't blink because you will soon enough.  We now have enough Chromebooks to achieve a 1:1 ratio for students in the 5th grade and up.  That being said I have been a Windows user and have provided support primarily for Windows networks for almost 20 years so believe me when I say I understand the perceived technology shock of using google to do all of my Windows work.  Let me tell you that it's not that bad I promise.  Google does some things a little different but you will find that 95% of the features in the Microsoft equivalent are waiting for you in the corresponding google app and the other 5% will be along soon.  If you take a moment and google what you want to do in docs, sheets, slides or any of the google apps you will find guides, documents and videos that show you the way.  If we want the students to use the Chromebooks to their fullest potential we need to embrace the change first...the good, the bad, and the frustrating.  So this is my call to action join me in trying to use more google than windows everyday and we will all be google geniuses in no time flat!
Comments